Little different this week on my blog. I have two items. One is my favorite Bible verse and my most favorite ten books I have read. I have heard someone say you become what you read and reflect the character of the people you associate with.
Bible verse is Galatians 6:9: ”Let us not lose heart in doing good for in due time you will reach a harvest of blessings if you do not be discouraged and give up”. This verse is referenced on our wedding rings. With this verse I challenge you and I again, to press forward under God’s protection, peace and power. We may be discouraged but we will never give up. God continues to bless us despite some of the health issues we have gone and are still going through.
My favorite books in no particular order:
- One year Chronological Bible (first time doing this and took me about 15 months).
- When Life gets Shaky: Parkinson’s and other Trials by Dale Hansen (love this author!).
- Lovin God by JI Packer. (great but heavy reading).
- The 3 C’s That Made America Great by Mike Huckabee (Good read about how this country started).
- Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Good (Some leaders have failures before they become great leaders).
- Water Walking by John Ortberg (Favorite book of his)
- Man in the Mirror by Patrick Morley (Always practical).
- Seven Seasons of the Man in the Mirror by Patrick Morley (Always practical).
Hit “follow” button on my website and receive my blogs. Thanks